The Western Canada Summer Games take place in Swift Current, Saskatchewan from Aug. 9 – Aug. 19. Here is the team Tennis Manitoba will be sending to compete:
Boys Singles #1- Stefan Barre
Boys Singles #2- Daksith Prematilake
Girls Singles #1- Jeslyn Peng
Girls Singles #2- Aurora Ling
Boys Doubles- Jack Filuk-Scott and Kabeer Grewal
Mixed Doubles- Michael Hwang and Calli Aarrestad
Get to know the team!
To get to know the players, we asked them three questions:
How long have you been playing tennis for?
Who’s your favourite athlete?
What’s your goal for the WCSG?
Here’s what some of them had to say!
1. 10 years
2. Nick Kyrgios
3. As someone who has took part and a Western Canada Summer Games as well as a Canada Summer Games, my goal is to lead my team and compete the best we can as a cohesive group.
1. I have been playing tennis for 4-5 years.
2. My favourite athlete is Giannis Antetokounmpo.
3. I don’t want to have any regrets when I leave so I will try to play my best tennis.
1. Seven years
2. Naomi Osaka
3. Getting to the semifinals and playing my best.
1. I’ve been playing competitive(matches, tournaments) tennis for about 3 years, but I’ve been playing for fun since I was about 8.
2. My favourite athlete is Michael Jordan, because of how great he was and how hard he worked. My favourite tennis player is Roger Federer.
3. My goals for the WCSG are to have fun, enjoy the experience, and hopefully win a match or two. I’m also hoping to watch some amazing players and learn a thing or two.
1. I have been playing tennis for four years.
2. My favourite player is Felix Auger-Aliassime.
3. My goal for Western Canada Games is to learn from my experience.
1. I have started playing tennis since 2017 October when my dad registered me on beginner’s group lesson at Taylor Tennis Club, but the real lesson and play started on January 2018 at Winnipeg Winter Club. Since then I take private lesson with Alex and group lesson with Olga along with participating 11 tournaments in Winnipeg, Regina, and Saskatoon.
2. My favourite player in tennis is Rafael Nadal because he is always chasing the ball to the end and never giving up and showing and representing excellent sportsmanship and passion for tennis.
3. My goals for the WCSG are to prove that Team Manitoba is the best team and make lots of friends and improve my tennis skills for the future.
1. I first began tennis on the red ball 5 years ago. I’ve been playing competitively however for the past couple of years.
2. Two of my favourite athletes are Serena Williams, and Simona Halep who are both tennis players.
3. My goal for the WCSG is to work my hardest in training beforehand and in my matches, and to enjoy this whole experience.
1. 6 years.
2. It would probably be Serena Williams or Simona Halep.
3.My goal for the Western Canada Summer Games is to have fun and to play my best game.
You must be logged in to post a comment.