The 2012 Tennis Manitoba Open Tour gets underway at the WLTC Open & Senior Championships, being held on May 24th – 27th at the Winnipeg Lawn Tennis Club. Many of this year’s TM Open Tour tournaments, designed for open, 3.5 and 4.5 level players, will also include categories for seniors.
Based on last year’s success, “drop-down” events will once again replace consolations. Players losing in the first round of the Open category will drop down to 5.0, players losing in the first round of 4.5 drop down to 4.0, and those losing in the first round of 3.5 drop down to 3.0. In the past, consolation draws haven’t received the same priority as other events – older balls are used, matches were often pro-sets, and many players default. With the “drop-down” events all matches will be best-of-three sets, good quality balls will be used (like any other event), ranking points will be earned, and prizes will be awarded to the finalists of each event.
Planned stops for the 2012 TM Open Tour are:
- WLTC Open & Senior Championships at Winnipeg Lawn Tennis Club
- Deer Lodge Open Plus Seniors at Deer Lodge Tennis Club
- Sargent Park Tennis Garden Open at Sargent Park Tennis Garden
- Manitoba Open at Kildonan Tennis Club
- Tuxedo Open at Tuxedo Tennis Club
- $15,000 ITF Manshield Tennis Futures (Wild Card Open) at Sargent Park Tennis Garden
- WWC Singles Open at Winnipeg Winter Club
- WWC Doubles Open at Winnipeg Winter Club
The online registration deadline for the WLTC Open & Senior Championships is Sunday, May 20th at 11:59pm.
For more details, check out the 2012 Tennis Manitoba Open Tour schedule.
Sign up for TM Open Tour notifications.