|Charlie McLean is the new Tennis
Manitoba Technical Director
Tennis Manitoba is pleased to announce the appointment of Charlie McLean as Technical Director of tennis in our province. Charlie’s knowledge and experience will greatly support Tennis Manitoba’s efforts to improve player development among competitive juniors aged 18 years and under.
Charlie’s extensive tennis background includes:
- Coach to players reaching ATP and WTA world rankings
- Tennis Canada Coach 3 – Level 3 certification
- Team Captain – Under 10 British Champions
- British Lawn Tennis Association Development Award – Level 3
- British Lawn Tennis Association Performance Coach – Level 3
- Tennis Alberta’s Coach of the Year – 2011
- Current Head Professional at World Health, Calgary
- Current High Performance Co-ordinator with Tennis Alberta.
The Tennis Manitoba Technical Director is currently a part time contract position with responsibility for creating long term player development plans and programs which involve Tennis Manitoba staff and Manitoba-based tennis coaches. Charlie starts December 14th with a series of player identification sessions in Winnipeg.