Tennis Manitoba is excited to announce the return of the Manitoba Team Tennis League set to start June 26, 2015. Match dates will be: June 26, July 3, July 17, July 24 and July 31. The team entry fee will be $300 (per team).
2015 League Details
- The league is to be made up of 3 divisions, 4 teams per division, with a minimum of 4 players per team.
- Registrations will be taken on a first come, first served basis, limited to 4 teams per division, consisting of a minimum of 4 players per team. For each division, the first 4 teams registered will be accepted. A reserve list will be kept for extra registrations.
- League registration open to junior and adult females and males.
- Registration is open to all players, including those that belong to Tennis Manitoba members clubs, community based players that play at public courts, and Tennis Manitoba tournament participants.
- Players must have a Tennis Manitoba membership. To find out how to become a Tennis Manitoba Member.
- It is encouraged that players register as a team. Full team registration will have first priority. Players registering individually will be placed on a list to fill spots on a first come basis.
- Teams will have a minimum of 4 players (maximum 6 players), which can be a combination male and females, juniors and adults.
- Teams are required to select a team captain for communication purposes.
- Teams should submit a team name, or one will be chosen for you.
- Each team is responsible for substitute players, which can be selected from the reserve list or another player in good standing with Tennis Manitoba (valid membership).
- League divisions will consist of 4 teams per division, and classified as:
- Division 1 – Open level players
- Division 2 – 4.5 level players
- Division 3 – 3.5 level players
- The league will follow a round robin format, where all 4 teams in each division will qualify for playoffs. Playoff matchups will be 1st place vs. 4th, and 2nd vs. 3rd. Winners of each semifinal tie will play for the division championship. The championship team will be awarded $250, and $100 will go to the finalist team.
- The team ties will follow a modified Davis Cup format, using 9 game pro set matches, with a total of 4 singles matches, and 1 doubles match.
View 2014 Manitoba Team Tennis League Guidelines
League matches will take place at several host sites, with teams playing at multiple locations throughout the league season. Host location sites are subject to change, and initially include:
- Deer Lodge Tennis Club
- Kildonan Tennis Club
- Norwood Community Centre
- Tuxedo Tennis Club
- Winnipeg Lawn Tennis Club
League match play will begin June 26, with the finals being played on July 31.
- June 26, 6 PM – 9 PM
- July 3, 6 PM – 9 PM
- July 17, 6 PM – 9 PM
- July 24, 6 PM – 9 PM
- July 31, 6 PM – 9 PM
There is a $300 per team registration fee, which covers costs associated with court access, tennis balls, league administration, insurance, prize money, and 4 jerseys with team name. Additional jerseys can be purchased for $10 each.
Those wishing to participate in the Manitoba Team Tennis League must already be Tennis Manitoba members, and are encouraged to sign up as a team. Not all requests to join the Manitoba Team Tennis League can be accommodated, due to the limited team openings.
For additional information please contact Tennis Manitoba at (204) 925-5660 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Tennis Manitoba on Twitter
Visit Tennis Manitoba on Facebook
Check us out on Google+
Contact Tennis Manitoba
You must be logged in to post a comment.